Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ayat-ayat cinta : Tiga

Cristina...

I could promise to hold you...
and to cherish you.
I could promise to be there
in sickness and in health.

I could say till death do us part.
But I won'T.
Those vows are for optimistic couples
the ones full of hope.

And I do not stand here on my wedding day
optimistic, or full of hope.
I am not optimistic. I am not hopeful.
I am sure. I am steady. I know.

I am a heart man.
I take 'em apart. I put 'em back together.
I hold them in my hands.
I am a heart man.

So of this I am sure you are my partner.
my lover, my very best friend.
My heart, my heart beats for you.

And on this day,the day of our wedding,
I promise you this
I promise you to lay my heart in the palm of your hands.
I promise you, me.

 
- Preston Burke, Grey's Anatomy Season 3.
 
 
When Burke read this in an OT full with nurses in front of Addison Montgomery Shepherd and Isobel Stevens, Addie told Burke to leave Yang and marry her.
 
But what do we know later? Yang refuses to walk down the aisle and made Burke go for her across the hall.
 
She said she was reluctant at first but now she thinks she's ready.
 
Burke told Christina that he wished Christina was sure she was ready, not think she was ready.
 
So Burke left Christina in her wedding dress at the altar and never comes back.
 
Never comes back. So that makes the oath was never really read in front of Christina.
 
Sad ain't it?
 
If a guy reads this in front of me I will not only walk down the aisle, I MAY AS WELL RUN! haha

No comments: