Monday, August 13, 2012

Ghost Town

New York City can be a terrifying place. Just a coffee and a muffin, that'll be $7.50. But nothing is more frightening in the prospect running into an ex before you leave and have your morning coffee.

- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and The City season 4.

So I heard the earth is filled with somewhat 7 billion something human, right? So how come the earth is so huge and big and wide and large my ex boyfriend ended up with my cousin's cousin. 

Cousin's cousin was a stranger back in the 1920s but now with facebook, they are called MUTUAL FRIENDS. So when my cousins, RSVPed to attend their cousin's wedding, facebook would think it is so weird that how come 50 of your friends are attending this wedding but your not invited? LET WE SUGGEST YOU TO RSVP TO THIS WEDDING.

So yes, in the morning right before I started my work, the ghost of the boyfriend past appears right on the doorstep of my virtual house.

Fine, yes I got over my ex already, surprisingly i got over him fast just like how fast our relationship started and ended, but it would be so much better that after 5 years if he stops making appearance and stop strolling around. and now he's getting married to someone I have 20 mutual friends with, so I guess I have to expect more and more surprises in the future.

"New York is definitely haunted. Old lovers, ex boyfriends, anyone you have unresolved issues with you are bound to run into again and again until you resolve them. My relationship with Aidan was long dead, but with one invitation he was suddenly a presence in my life again. Or had he been there all along? Like the chair he made that I could never bring myself to sell. When a relationship dies, do we ever really give up the ghost? Or are we forever haunted by the spirits of relationships past?"

I have to stop watching Sex and The City before I keep on thinking how creepy that it has so many resemblance to my life, as if, and get Carrie-d away.

No comments: