Wednesday, October 28, 2009

High Maintanance? Seriously?

"Buat apa bercinta dengan orang miskin kalau boleh bercinta dengan orang kaya?"
 
When I put this line from Pisau Cukur movie as my status in Gtalk, a few of my GUY FRIENDS thought it comes from my heart and I am that materialistic to say something like that out in the open so they just bluntly accused me of being unreasonable and some even give comments that is so insensitive.
 
Like, maybe that is why you are still single until today, perhaps for the rest of your life.
 
Really?
 
So what if I picked a line and I mean it? So what if we girls like to date rich men but somehow we don't mind getting married to the ordinary? So what if we are being materialistic? So what if we are high-maintanance and have high taste?
 
Most of the times those who felt intimidated by this kind of statements are those who are not rich and failed to accept the fact that they cannot tackle a girl because they are poor. These people they think those girls who have no interest in money are the angels from above. And we who love the bling bling are those devils from the dark side.
 
These people are also the same people who'd be all poked out when we mention other attributes like cars, house, and most importantly look.
 
Seriously, guys, when I'm with my pretty friend and all eyes are on her face, I wouldn't go out and all saying that LOOK DOESN'T MATTER because trust me it does and I understand you guys. So what's the big deal? We all have our own preferences and interest, so eat it!
 
Or maybe it's because ugly people cannot be picky and choosy and have to just live with what's left out for us?
 
A friend once told me that a guy friend define me as high-maintanance. Seriously? What was his scale anyway? My non-branded handbags? My a few collection of wedges? My local-made car? My underpaid job? My non-existance of makeup bag? Seriously now, high-maintanance?
 
We all have our own scale for everything. If I say I want a rich guy, a guy with 2k salary could be just fine for me. Or if you say you want a good looking girl, I might be beautiful in your eyes. So why the harsh comment?
 
But anyway if you ask me, I don't care if you are rich or not. Nak duit banyak aku boleh carik sendiri la beb!

6 comments:

하 니 said...

so true.

PiNk said...

haha tah! sebok je diorg nih

Mag said...

iya dong..lelaki nak pompuan cantek jer. n berbangge kalau dapat pompuan cantek..

ape salahnye kite nak org kaye kan..at least stabil..xkan nak kawen ngan org yang kita kene bele die..

owh..telebih sudah

botolbiru said...

haahahah
i'm on your side
i'm not in the pretty list
but each girl (i believe so) wants someone who is stabil in life.
that includes money.
hehehehe

kerel said...

alar, ko teraser ke aku ckp itu hari?
ololol.ololololololooo ~

Anonymous said...

zac!!!!!!!!!!sgt sokong kamu....talking from a girl yg openly mengaku dier ade la seowg yg materialictic......lantak la kalo kte as girls nk cari laki yg ade duit lebih....your contoh psl laki suke pompuan cun mmg example yg sgt exact ok!!!!i'm with u girl 100% for this article you wrote....

mNg