Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Emotional Retirement Plan

Will we still be friends when we're this old?

Sure.

What do you mean, ''sure''? l could barely get us together for the weekend and we're all mobile.

Hey ''New Yorker'', l'm talking to you. How are we gonna make it to 70 if you've already zoned me out? 

l'm listening. Talk fast.

Friendships don't magically last lt's like savings. You don't expect to wake up when you're old and find a big bucket of money.

Did you finally open that lRA?

No. My point is, we need an emotional retirement plan. This is important, making time for each other and taking trips like this. As we can see, at the end of the line, it's gonna be us ladies riding a bus.

- Carrie and Miranda, Sex and The City season 5, episode 3.

I gotta stop watching Sex and the City pronto. The more I do, the more I feel like they are speaking about me.

No comments: